Here’s a list of the top 5 things your site needs to rank well in Google and have great SEO:
1) Inbound links or backlinks: I can’t emphasize enough how your site has very little chance of ranking without links. It’s like a popularity contest: the more links you have the more Google likes you.
2) Blog: We all know what a blog is, but why does it matter for SEO? The reason is strong blog posts, on important or interesting topics, drives traffic to your site.
3) Strong Content: Articles about your industry have a similar effect to blogs. Also important, are good pages on the services or products you offer.
4) Meta Tags: There’s still some debate on this, but at a minimum, each page of your site should have a unique, relevant Title and Description.
5) Directory Listings: There are so many FREE sites which your business can be listed on. Look to sites like Yelp, Yahoo, Google, and LinkedIn. These help potential consumers locate your business.
I can guarantee that if you implement these changes, and really do it well, that you will see amazing results. SEO is not easy, but these tips can make the challenge a bit easier.